Welcome to the home page for the University of North Carolina Hospitals Oncology Nursing services! Patient-centered care flourishes in the teaching environment at UNC Hospitals. We provide a continuum of care that is safe, ethical and consistent with standards of practice, from diagnosis through survivorship or palliation.
- possess special skills, knowledge and competence required for the care and treatment of cancer patients and their families
- hold specialty certification in oncology nursing, with Oncology Nursing Society trainers on staff to facilitate competency in the care of patients with malignant disease, assessment, and evaluation of the plan of care including the areas of administration of chemotherapy and biotherapy
- are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team
- participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives
- are supported in efforts to continually develop their expertise through further education
The clinics are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Director, Oncology Nursing Services
Gayl Talbert, RN, MEd, CPON, Nurse Manager
Michele Busshart, RN, OCN, Interim Nurse Manager
For questions/comments, send an email to the pagemaster. For technical support, contact the ISD Customer Support Center at (919) 966-5647.