- About 1,800 UNC-Chapel Hill faculty physicians and
physicians-in-training who provide care for patients in North
- A world-class academic medical center, including a top-ranked
public medical school and modern hospitals for children, women,
neurologic and psychiatric patients, and general adult patient
- A constellation of nationally recognized centers of clinical
excellence, including such areas of special expertise as burn care,
cancer treatment, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, obstetrics,
organ transplant and pediatrics.
- A network of UNC-owned community medical practices across central
- A home health agency licensed to provide services in 37 North
Carolina counties and an associated multi-county hospice program.
- Emergency and urgent care facilities in Chapel Hill that provide
around-the-clock services for accident and trauma victims and for
people with minor, but urgent medical needs.
- An air and ground patient transportation system that provides
helicopter service statewide from Chapel Hill and community-based
ambulance transportation from a growing number of sites outside the
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.