Can I Donate?
AGE: You must be 16 years of age or older.
WEIGHT: You must weigh 110 pounds or more for platelet donation.
FEELING WELL: You must be healthy and well within 72 hours prior to donation (no sore throat, cough, fever, etc.).
- Taking certain oral medications for psoriasis, severe acne, hair loss or enlargement of prostate may disqualify you to donate.
- Taking antibiotics, depending on their use, may or may not affect your eligilibilty to donate.
- Do not take aspirin 48 hours prior to donation. Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, or other aspirin-like medications must be taken prior to 12 hours before donating. Tylenol is acceptable.
Please check out our Medicine Deferral List for more information regarding unacceptable medicines prior to donating.
Due to FDA regulations living or visiting some parts of the world can affect eligibility for platelet donation.
- If you have been outside of the United States in the past 12 months you may not be eligible to donate. Please check out the CDC website for eligiblity.
- You cannot donate if you have lived or visited the United Kingdom between 1980 and 1996.
- You cannot donate if you have spent 5 or more years in Europe between 1980 and 1996.
TATTOO: If you have had a tattoo outside of North Carolina in the past 12 months please notify the center to determine if you are eligible to donate. Any piercings are acceptable if they were in licensed facility.
A VALID ID IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO DONATE, WE WANT TO SEE AND GET TO KNOW YOU.