Chatham Hospital offers the specialized care of Hospitalists for
patients admitted to the hospital. Hospitalists are physicians that
specialize in the care of patients while in the hospital. Their only
responsibility and focus is on the admitted patients.
Who are our Hospitalists?
- Faculty physicians from the UNC Department of Family Medicine
- Board certified or eligible in their specialty
- Experienced, personable doctors whose only responsibility is
What do our hospitalists do?
- Admit and discharge patients from the hospital
- Direct the care of patients throughout their hospital stay, order
appropriate tests and procedures and interpret the results
- Communicate effectively with patients and families to keep everyone
- Work closely with other specialty physicians and surgeons to
coordinate specialty care when needed
- Work to insure the highest standards of patient safety and quality
Communication with Primary Care Physicians is a
- Primary care physicians will be notified of patient’s admission to
- Follow up information will be provided to primary care physician
- Primary care physicians are welcome to make continuity rounds and
see their patients in the hospital