What to Expect at Your Appointment
A board-certified internist with expertise in preventive medicine and complex care management will conduct your exam and oversee the care you receive from our team of experts including cardiologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, dietitians, exercise physiologists and executive coaches. During your day you will meet individually with these specialists, and at the end of the day your internist will review the results of your tests and evaluations with you. If for some reason you require additional testing or referrals to other specialists we will try to arrange for that the same day or next day so all of your needs can be accomplished in one visit.
Our staff is experienced and familiar with the executive lifestyle and focus on the issues that compromise health and performance such as sleep, travel, nutrition, exercise, stress and long hours. Our objective is to help you feel your best by doing what we do best: looking out for your health and relieving you of the burden of how to find the right care.
YOUR EVALUATION MAY INCLUDE (depending on age, sex and risk factors):
- A complete head-to-toe assessment of your overall physical health
- Screening and risk assessment for cardiovascular and lung disease
- Vascular imaging to evaluate your risk of abdominal aneurysm (for those at risk)
- Tests of vision and hearing
- Screening and risk assessment for common cancers, including colon, prostate (for men), and breast (for women)
- Osteoporosis screening for women over 50 and men at risk
- Full laboratory studies necessary to obtain a complete profile of major organ systems
- Nutrition and fitness assessments tailored to your needs by experts familiar with the complex lifestyles of executives
- Advice from experts from The Bell Leadership Institute to help you perform at your peak both in your career as well as life outside of work.
- Review of lab results and evaluations with your physician before you leave
- Follow up care here if needed or desired with 24/7 access to our clinicians
- Access to UNC Health Care services and coordination of care through our office
You may request, or we may recommend, subspecialty evaluations by any of our specialists in the UNC Health Care System. We will try to arrange consultations the same day but additional day(s) may be necessary. Such visits are billed to your insurance company.