Women's Executive Health
The Carolina Clinic is designed to address the personal health issues of our patients and we appreciate the different needs of our female patients. Though women face many of the same challenges and health risks as men, they also face health issues and stressors specific to females. The Carolina Clinic is suited to address these issues.
You will be seen by a board certified internist with experience in female medicine who will perform a complete physical examination, including Pap smear if indicated. You may also opt to see one of our faculty from the UNC Department of Gynecology if you prefer to have to have a gynecologist perform your gynecological exam or address any specific gynecological issues. Requests to see our gynecologists here will require some advance scheduling.
We also have the UNC Breast Clinic as part of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Complete, head to toe history and physical examination
- Complete assessment of cardiovascular and pulmonary health
- Pap screening (recommended annually up to age 65 years, then biannually)
- Screening mammogram (with immediate results while you are in the mammography suite in case further images are needed)
- Menopausal assessment
- Bone density screening
- Vitamin D level in addition to a complete blood panel
- Nutrition and fitness counseling focused on female needs
- Peak Performance counseling focused on the issues facing female executives
- Consultation with one of our gynecology faculty if you have specific gynecologic needs or requests.