UNC Home Health provides expert health care services to adults in the comfort and privacy of their own homes, whether for acute or chronic illness or as a follow-up to hospital care. UNC Home Health provides education, individual plans of care and physical assessments according to doctor's orders.
After UNC Home Health receives a physician order for a home
health evaluation, our admission staff will visit to assess the
needs of the patient and family.
To make a referral: Physician's / Hospital Case Managers
Please call (919) 966-4915 or (888) 424-6273 or you may complete our on-line Referral Form here.
Referrals are taken between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. seven days a week including holidays.
The following information is required when making a referral:
- Patient name, physical address, and phone number
- Diagnosis, social security number and date of birth
- Services requested (see Services tab on the left)
- Name and phone number of Physician responsible for signing home care orders
- Insurance information
- Caregiver name and phone number