- Urgent need:Gift Shop Volunteers, permanent spots & substitutes needed M-F, between the hours of 9:00 am & 4:00 pm
- Urgent need: Hillsborough Medical Office Building - Clincs: Radiology, Hem/Onc Infusion, Dermatology, GI Surgery, Women's Primary, Surgical Oncology, Uro/Gyn, Urology Clinic (starting in June)
- Urgent need:Philips Lifeline Home Monitoring System installers (travel within the community)
- Brand new area: Patient Navigators are needed to guide patients from admitting to their appointment or clinic - will receive extensive training
- Pediatric Brunch servers. Tuesdays possibly moving to Fridays! Brunch hours are 10am -12:30pm.
- Sewers needed! Infant Grief program. Patterns supplied by us, material cost reimbursed to you
- Pianists/Organists for Sunday worship services 10:15-11:45 am
- Children's Surgery Wait Room Substitutes - perfect for the flexible volunteer
- ICU Wait Room - AM or PM shifts
- Women's Resource Center - "Ready, Set, Baby" - interview expectant mothers with scripted messages, inform parents of Women's Services
- Hospice Volunteers are needed for the community. Call 919-542-5545 and ask for Mary Honeycutt, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
...and many others! To view a comprehensive list of areas (including NC Memorial, Women's, NC Children's, Neurosciences, or Cancer Hospitals; Chapel Hill or Hillsborough offsite clinics or buildings), please see Adult Volunteer Opportunities.
Click here for answers to many frequently asked questions!
Application Process and Required Forms
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at UNC, you must complete an application. To view the application process and download the required forms, please follow the link below. Please review the volunteer requirements carefully before filling out an application. Application Process and Required Forms. Regardless of where you are hoping to volunteer (NC Memorial, Women's, NC Children's, Neurosciences, or Cancer Hospitals; Chapel Hill or Hillsborough offsite clinics or buildings), you use the same application.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE CONDITIONAL ON THE RESULTS OF A BACKGROUND
CHECK. THESE WILL BE PERFORMED AFTER YOUR INTERVIEW.
Additionally, we highly prefer that you can commit to 9 months to a
year of volunteering. If you are currently searching for jobs or
only want short-term volunteering, this program may not be right for
Now accepting nominations for the 2013 Elaine Hill awardWe are now accepting applications for the 2013 Elaine Hill award for outstanding adult volunteers. Please click here if you are a UNC Health Care staff member or adult volunteer and are interested in nominating someone.
Newest Courier - February
issue of the Courier, our newsletter has been printed.
You can read it online by clicking here or
pick up a printed copy in the Volunteer Services office. Check it
Suzanne Davis or Donna Daniel
Department of Volunteer Services
101 Manning Dr.
Chapel Hill, NC. 27514
(919) 966 - 4793