Application Process and Required Forms
NEW applicants need to complete all of the following steps in order to become a volunteer at UNC Hospitals. Please note that the steps needed to become a volunteer are listed in the order that they must be completed.
- Make sure you meet all of the requirements listed on the main 'College Volunteers' page
- Schedule and receive results for TB Skin Test (it takes 2 days to process results) Summer 2013 volunteers- due to a TB test national shortage, we ask that you try to get your TB test through your local physician, CVS Minute Clinic or urgent care. Campus Health does not have tests.
- Get your flu vaccine. This is mandatory per hospital policy for anyone volunteering in the spring semester.
- Complete the online application. If the link for New College Volunteers is not active, please check the dates on the main page to see when it will be available. If the application is no longer available (it won't be right before and during registration), you will have to wait until the next semester. We are only accepting online applications this year. We do not process or look at these forms/applications until walk-in registration.
- If you are a returning volunteer (have ever volunteered at UNCH) coming to walk-in registration you do not need to fill out these forms.
- Complete the brief packet of required forms that you must bring with you to walk-in registration or you will be turned away. Click here for the packet of forms. Please type onto the forms instead of handwriting and PLEASE DO NOT PRINT DOUBLE SIDED!
- Come to walk-in registration on the date listed on the main 'College Volunteers' page - *Applicant must have a TB test less than one year old prior to registering and must also bring proof of negative TB, Quantiferon Gold TB Test or chest x-ray results to registration! Proof of BCG vaccine is not sufficient. *Spring Volunteers- Must also bring proof of flu vaccination.
- Attend the mandatory orientation.
- Complete the online tests and orientation homework.
- Come to the Volunteer Services office to turn in homework, purchase a polo shirt, and get your ID badge.