Services and Programs Available
Referral and Admission:
If you are interested in making a referral to the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Outpatient Treatment Program, please call 1-888-457-7457 or 919-966-6039. Referrals are accepted on Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Appointments for the individual assessments will be made at that time. The prospective patient will need to meet the following criteria:
- The individual is willing to participate in an abstinence-based program or harm reduction therapy.
- The individual has acknowledged a disturbance of behavioral, social, psychological, family, legal, or educational functioning due to the use of substances.
- Alcohol or drug use may be known or suspected.
Program Components Include:
- An individual comprehensive assessment/evaluation
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Outpatient therapy groups
- Individualized treatment and treatment goals
- Psychopharmacological management available
- Education, process, and multifamily groups
- Family involvement emphasized and encouraged
Assessments, Education, And Treatment
- DWI Substance Abuse Assessment
- Court Ordered Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Short-Term Counseling (20 Hours)
- Longer-Term Structured Treatment (40 Hours)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (90 Hours)
Adolescent Substance Abuse Services
UNC Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program provides outpatient services to adolescents ages 13-21.The process begins with an assessment that takes into consideration the holistic needs of the patient and the family.
The ASAP Adolescent Program utilizes a variety of different treatment methods to support patients and their families in the recovery process. ASAP has found success with applying evidence based practices such as Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Individual, family and group therapy are offered.
ASAP understands that traumatic events and/or family functioning can affect the treatment process.Our therapists are prepared to address these and other issues in the goal to advance recovery.Referrals to Adolescent Psychiatry at UNC can be made as needed.
Adolescent Substance Abuse Therapists
Britta Starke- 919-966-6067
Ryan Morgan- 919-966-2484
Cameron Burleson- 919-966-6057
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To schedule an appointment please call Arleta Brooks at 919-966-6039.
Men's Only Group:
Hours: Mondays, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
This group helps men acknowledge and safely manage emotional
reactions to significant life experiences. A Cognitive Behavioral
approach is utilized to enable men to develop healthy alternatives to
coping with life experiences, whether they are past experiences or
For more information, please feel free to call Cameron Burleson LCSW at 919 966-6057.