Communicating Compliance Concerns
Non-Retaliation and Confidentiality
Communications with the Compliance Office are confidential.
Anyone may raise issues, concerns, and complaints anonymously. Providing sufficient information to permit an investigation and some contact information allows the Compliance Office to follow up in a thorough manner. The Compliance Office will keep the reporting employee’s identity confidential, to the extent possible.
Retaliation is not permitted against anyone who seeks advice, raises a concern, or reports misconduct to the Compliance Office in good faith. Suspected retaliation should be reported immediately to the Compliance Office.
Please feel free to raise any Compliance-related questions and concerns by:
- Contacting your local Compliance Officer;
- Contacting the UNC HC Chief Audit and Compliance Officer (984-974-1027 or Jeri.Williams@unchealth.unc.edu);
- Emailing the UNC HC Hospital Compliance Office or UNC HC Professional Compliance Office;
- Voicing an anonymous concern through the Compliance Hotline (1-800-362-2921 or hotline.unchealthcare.org); or
- Mailing questions or concerns to: Compliance Office, UNC Health Care, 211 Friday Center Drive, Suite G050, Chapel Hill, NC 27517.