Epic has names for many of its products that we have implemented. In addition to the details below, a glossary of Epic terms is available on the Intranet.
- ASAP Emergency Department Information System streamlines workflows and helps improve care delivery in busy ED environments. It combines instant access to comprehensive patient information with active decision-support functionality. Color-coded views and other functionality help staff members manage patients from arrival through discharge.
- EpicCare Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record supports primary care providers and specialists in ambulatory environments. Streamlined workflows, robust order entry, pre-configured documentation templates, integrated specialty support modules, and comprehensive decision support combine in a secure system with a reputation for physician acceptance. Clinicians can prescribe medications, enter notes, indicate diagnoses, and create orders at the point of care.
- EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System spans hospital departments and specialties, giving providers the tools they need to deliver safe, high-quality care. It connects each member of the care team to a single patient record, ensuring that treatment decisions are based on up-to-date information and that care is coordinated when patients are treated by multiple providers. The application has built-in support for ICU/critical care workflows and five rights checking with barcoded medication administration.
- Willow Inpatient Pharmacy System automates pharmacy communication and workflows while coordinating ordering, dispensing, and charging activities. Integrated with the EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System and Epic’s embedded decision support engine, Willow delivers proactive guidance and financial support suggestions.
- Anesthesia streamlines anesthesiologist workflows for efficiency and patient safety. The system provides efficient charting tools, and is optimized for touch-screen monitors using big buttons for quick data entry. It allows anesthesia staff to document pre-surgery assessment, pre-op, intra-op, and post-op information quickly.
- Beacon Oncology Information System supports the specialized care and treatment of cancer patients. Clinicians can create treatment plans based on standard protocols, make treatment decisions based on comprehensive decision support information, and personalize plans to include treatment cycle and dosing schemes for both IV and oral medications.
- Beaker Labs provides seamless integration with Epic's Enterprise EMR, eliminating the need for multiple interfaces.
- Cupid Cardiovascular features multi-modality, procedure-specific clinical documentation along with streamlined consult, follow-up and referral workflows.
- Kaleidoscope Ophthalmology offers tools and information tailored for the needs of ophthalmology subspecialists, including forms for glaucoma, oculoplastics, neuro-ophthalmology, and pediatric ophthalmology. Device integration is also available.
- OpTime Operating Room Management System helps improve surgeon productivity, OR utilization, and data access in both inpatient and ambulatory surgical environments. It also provides efficient workflows for scheduling, pre-operative anesthesia, documentation, and follow-up activities. With OpTime, surgeons can plan for an entire case from a single workflow, including entry of pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative orders.
- Phoenix Transplant supports the focused clinical workflows and detailed regulatory requirements of solid organ transplants.
- Radiant Radiology Information System combines tools for rules-based scheduling, documentation, results communication, film tracking, and detailed statistical reporting in a unified application for radiology.
- Stork Obstetrics Information System supports efficient workflows during prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal care. The module allows providers to conveniently organize and print or view the complete course of obstetric care.
- ADT/Prelude Enterprise Registration is an enterprise-wide registration and patient tracking system promoting accurate registrations and giving your staff the tools needed to manage patient stays from pre-admission through discharge.
- Cadence Enterprise Scheduling makes it easy for users to schedule visits and procedures while providing advanced tools that help improve patient services, keep appropriate slots open, and make the most efficient use of your staff and other resources.
- Health Information Management provides tools to simplify your medical records management tasks. Chart and deficiency tracking allow you to follow patient charts as they move throughout your organization and identify incomplete charts. The HIM system also helps your staff track requests, produce output, and compute charges for release of information.
- Identity Enterprise Master Person Index manages patient identification throughout your enterprise, linking records across feeder systems and offering active and passive mode integration. Using sophisticated algorithms, Identity helps to quickly identify the right patient, prevent the creation of duplicate records, and eliminate existing duplicates.
- Resolute Hospital Billing makes billing workflows efficient, reduces AR days, and helps you avoid payor denials. Workflow management tools combine with a full range of billing and accounts receivable functionality allowing users to bill acute, ED, and hospital outpatient charges in a single system.
- Resolute Professional Billing streamlines charge entry, follow-up, payment posting, and other revenue cycle activities. It supports paperless collection processes and helps you submit clean, accurate claims, minimizing denials and helping keep AR days low.
- Care Everywhere helps ensure patients' medical data can follow them when they are away from their regular healthcare organization. Care Everywhere organizations share clinical information, including results histories and encounter summaries, when patients cross organizational boundaries
- UNC Care Link strengthens ties with your affiliates and community providers by giving them secure access to patient information and referral management functions — helping them manage both incoming and outgoing referrals. Shared data and increased cooperation improves decision support, increases referrals, and boosts market share.
- My UNC Chart gives patients controlled access to the same Epic medical records their doctors use via browser or mobile app (for iOS and Android). My UNC Chart's self-serve online functions can help patients improve their own health, reduce the cost of customer service and provide a vital communication link to support accountable care. (Note that not all MyChart functions are available on mobile).
Through MyChart, patients can:
- View test results
- View upcoming & past appointments
- Fill out pre-visit questionnaires
- Schedule appointments
- View paperless statements & pay bills online
- Upload photos
- Update medications and allergies
- Connect to home devices
- Refill prescriptions
- Message securely with providers
- View a child's records and print growth charts
- Manage the care of elderly parents
- View education topics triggered by EHR data
- Get a chronic disease summary w/reminders