Housing and Relocation Resources
Regional Housing Locations:
- Briar Chapel (15 minutes to UNCMC): A fast-growing community in Chatham County south of Chapel Hill. Strong community culture. Chatham County Schools system. Common area for residents seeking to purchase a home.
- South Durham (15-30 minutes to UNCMC): Centrally located area with quick access to I-40. More suburban feel. Close to Southpoint mall, restaurants. Durham County Schools. Common area for residents seeking to purchase a home.
- Downtown Durham (30-45 minutes to UNCMC): Fast-growing downtown with shops, award-winning restaurants, breweries and distilleries, and Durham Bulls! Common area for residents who wish to rent an apartment or condo, although there are some options for purchase.
- Chapel Hill (5-20 minutes to UNCMC): Chapel Hill proper. Large neighborhoods include Southern Village, Lake Hogan Farms. Options to rent along Franklin Street or in other neighborhoods across town. Free bus transit across CH+Carrboro and bike/walk to work locations. Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools. Typically a mix of homebuyers and renters.
- Carrboro (5-20 minutes to UNCMC): The fun, sometimes eccentric cousin of Chapel Hill, which is due west of Chapel Hill proper. Options to rent along Main Street or other neighborhoods. Free bus transit across CH+Carrboro and bike/walk to work locations. Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools. Also, typically a mix of homebuyers and renters.
- Hillsborough (25-40 minutes to UNCMC): A growing area north of Chapel Hill, by the I-40/I-85 split. Also the site of UNC Hillsborough hospital (discuss with your program regarding your responsibilities at this location). Great downtown area with walkable restaurants, bars, and parks. Orange County Schools. Common area for residents seeking to purchase a home, but renters as well.
- Pittsboro (25-40 minutes to UNCMC): A growing area south of Chapel Hill (further south than Briar Chapel). A fun downtown area with restaurants and wine bar. Chatham County Schools. Common area for residents seeking to purchase a home, but renters as well.
Housing Resources (realtors, apartment complexes, houses for rent/sale)
Please note: This links to a Google document which is not currently accessible via hospital internet or Wifi. However, it is accessible on your phone if connected to any commercial mobile broadband provider (you must disconnect from hospital Wifi) or if you are connected to the internet via any commercial internet service provider outside the hospital.