Vision and Values
It is our vision to be the nation's leading public academic health care system.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians and others whom we serve. We accomplish this by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research.
One Great Team
- We are better together than we are apart.
- Our effective collaboration is key to providing quality care.
- We are building an inclusive and equitable culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our patients and each other.
- We care holistically about patients and each other.
- It is our privilege to serve the people of North Carolina.
- We demonstrate kindness and compassion in every interaction.
Leading the Way
- We make a difference by improving lives every day and training the next generation of health care leaders.
- Our research is changing the world.
- We provide innovative care.
It Starts with Me
- Each of us takes ownership of, and accountability for, doing the right thing.
- We empower and trust each other to step up.
- We support each other and hold each other accountable in our work.