UNC Mobile Health Unit
UNC Mobile Health is committed to addressing access barriers for communities in need. Our mission is to improve health equity by providing preventative care to underrepresented groups . In partnership with community advocates, we are one great team that can provide the following services:
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Boosters
- COVID-19 Testing
- Flu Shots
See the “Where will we be next” section below to find services and request an appointment.
Participants are highly encouraged to pre-register using the online registration form or by calling 984-215-4950. Pre-registered patients will be prioritized. Those who do not pre-register will be seen on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
Where will we be next?
What to Expect at the Mobile Services Site
- If you have insurance, your insurance company will cover the cost of vaccines. You will not pay a copay for tests or vaccines. If you do not have insurance, you will not be billed.
- Please note there are not public bathrooms available at mobile sites.
- Parents or guardians must provide consent for us to serve children under 18.
Physical distancing practices will be followed onsite. To minimize exposure, please do not bring extra people with you, if possible.
We aim to protect your health at mobile services sites by:
- Providing masks for participants
- Requiring masks be worn onsite
- Using enhanced cleaning procedures
- Designing the location to allow for physical distancing
- Providing our staff with adequate personal protective equipment
How can I access my results?
Your lab results will be available in your My UNC Chart account. To see your results in My UNC Chart, sign in to your account, go to the Messaging Center, and click on COVID-19 Test Result. Here you can find your result and a Work/School Note, if needed.
If you don't have a My UNC Chart account, you can sign up using the link sent by text. The link should be used within 24 hours for easy sign up. For more information, read our step-by-step instructions for creating a My UNC Chart account and downloading the My Chart app.