For Medical Professionals
Access resources for UNC Health medical professionals and for referring providers.
We provide the following tools for ensuring continuity of care for referred patients. By making the referral process more efficient, more consolidated and more streamlined, referring physicians can stay in the loop about the care their patients receive at UNC Health.
Get access to UNC Health’s provider portal, CareLink, where you can:
- Access detailed overviews of your patients’ medical records
- Request online referrals for outpatient services
- Securely message with UNC Health providers regarding your patient’s care
- See scheduled appointments, medications, allergies, and notes about your patient
CareLink helps meet meaningful use requirements and creates a patient-centered medical home experience for providers and patients.
Sign up for or log-in to CareLink today to get started.
Network Development & Physician Relations
Our team of experienced Physician Liaisons is your single point of contact for community providers and hospitals across North Carolina. We provide the following services:
- Help community providers learn more about UNC Health Care services across the state
- Assist with referrals, access and communication related to your patients
- Provide enrollment, training and technical assistance with UNC CareLink — our read-only version of Epic@UNC to access shared patient records and to manage online referrals
- Share information about our CME conferences at UNC Medical Center and continuing education opportunities within your practice and hospital
- Offer information about UNC Health Alliance
- Develop clinical programs in local communities with a focus on collaborative care with community physicians and hospitals
Contact Network Development & Physician Relations by phone 984-974-2509 or email PhysicianRelations@unchealth.unc.edu.
Compliance & Privacy Offices
In an ongoing effort to support transparency and quality of care, UNC Health operates a compliance office and privacy office.
The UNC Health Compliance Office encourages all UNC Health employees, professionals, vendors, and staff to read and understand the relevant policies, laws, and regulations that impact the quality of care we deliver to patients.
The UNC Health Privacy Office ensures the safety and confidentiality of patient information, including protected health information (PHI), in our systems. This includes policies about the use of social media by our employees and staff, as well as high-level encryption to maintain privacy for all patients and families of UNC Health.
UNC Health Alliance & Senior Health Alliance
UNC Health Alliance is a physician-led, clinically integrated network (CIN) uniting independent and UNC-employed providers to encourage collaboration that improves care. This communication also controls health care costs and helps providers work in a partnership for coordinated, comprehensive patient care.
UNC Senior Alliance is a physician-led network of independent and UNC Health Care-employed providers working together to deliver high-quality health care in a collaborative environment for Medicare patients in North Carolina.