Take care of your skin with comprehensive dermatology care at UNC Health. Whether you’re facing a common or uncommon condition, the dermatologists at UNC Health are here for you.
What Is Dermatology?
Your skin is the largest organ of the body. It helps keep you hydrated, prevent infections, and stay warm or cool.
Dermatology is medicine that protects and treats conditions of the skin. A dermatologist is a board-certified specialist who treats skin conditions.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to UNC Health for dermatologic care and treatment of:
- Contact dermatitis, such as poison ivy
- Dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Fungal infections
- Hair loss
- Nail disorders
- Skin cancers
- Skin growths, including warts
Services & Treatments
Benefit from comprehensive skin care, including:
- Cosmetic and laser services – Makes your skin look better after scarring, acne, psoriasis, growths, and other minor conditions
- Cryotherapy – Freezes affected areas to treat warts, lesions, or other abnormalities
- Medications – Available in oral medication or topical creams and ointments that treat skin conditions
- Mohs surgery – Removes skin cancers
Protect Your Skin
UNC Health dermatologists provide you the tools and guidance to protect your skin, especially from ultraviolet (UV) rays in the sun. Stay safe and:
- Apply sunscreen when you’re outdoors
- Avoid the sun during peak hours of the day
- Stay away from sunlamps, tanning booths, and artificial sources of UV rays
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes outside
- Wear protective clothing in the sun