Benefit from a wide-range of holistic healing and mind-body wellness services at UNC Health.
What’s Integrative Medicine?
Integrative medicine is also known as complementary and alternative medicine. It includes health services not part of traditional medicine that may help improve your well-being and ease symptoms that affect your quality of life. You can receive integrative services in addition to traditional treatment.
Is It Right for Me?
Talk to your doctor about adding integrative medicine services to your care plan if you have:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chronic (long-term) pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Digestive conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Insomnia or other sleep problems
- Headaches and migraines
- High blood pressure
- Mental health concerns, such as anxiety, depression, or stress
Services We Offer
Find safe, effective care designed to promote healing. We offer:
- Acupuncture, which places thin needles at specific places on the body to relieve pain and other symptoms
- Biofeedback, training to have more awareness and control of the body’s functions
- Massage therapy, which uses hands-on techniques to relieve muscle tension, pain, and stress
- Mindfulness training to identify stress warning signs and practice relaxation techniques
- Nutrition and dietary supplement recommendations
- Yoga, a spiritual and mental practice that uses physical movement and breathing control to improve relaxation and health
- Tai chi, gentle movements and deep breathing to improve balance, flexibility, and strength