Partner with knowledgeable registered dietitians at UNC Health to make food choices that improve your health and well-being.
What Is a Registered Dietitian?
A registered dietitian is a food and nutrition expert. Getting the right nutrition can boost energy, mood, your body’s ability to heal, and appearance. Your dietitian can help you create a personalized plan based on your health, goals, and other factors, so you get the most benefit from what you eat.
Benefits of Nutrition Services
Take advantage of UNC Health nutrition services to:
Your Nutrition Appointment
During a private consultation, your registered dietitian will:
- Answer questions and provide education
- Ask questions about your health and medical history
- Evaluate your current diet and nutrition, fluid, vitamin, and mineral needs
- Give you strategies for reading nutrition labels and eating at restaurants
- Help you create a meal plan, tailoring recommendations to your preferences, age, and health needs