Primary care providers at UNC Health help you and your family get healthy and stay well. You’ll benefit from comprehensive care and treatment for minor to complex conditions at every stage of life.
What Is Primary Care?
Primary care is day-to-day health care provided by doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Your primary care provider establishes a long-term relationship with you to advise you and treat an array of health needs.
Primary care at UNC Health includes:
- Family medicine – Complete health care for the whole family
- Geriatrics – Care of diseases and disabilities in older adults
- Internal medicine – Treatment for adults with chronic conditions
- Pediatrics – Wellness visits and care for children from birth to young adulthood
Conditions & Services
Since primary care is your constant connection to total-life wellness, you’ll often see your primary doctor for:
- Behavioral health care
- Chronic condition management, such as diabetes care
- Nutrition guidance
- Preventive health care and screenings
- Sick visits
- Specialty referrals
- Wellness visits and physicals
Your primary care provider is with you every step of the way, ensuring you’re treated promptly or referred to a specialist, when needed.
Why Choose UNC Health Primary Care?
Get empathetic, quality care for everyone in your family. With UNC Health, you’ll have access to:
- 12+ convenient locations in the Triangle
- Comprehensive care management with My UNC Chart
- Evening, weekend, and extended primary care hours
- Same-day or next-day appointments
- Your choice of more than 200 primary care providers
Insurance & Payment
UNC Health accepts most major insurance plans. For help with estimated costs, insurance coverage, and financial assistance programs, view our billing and insurance information.
Urgent & Virtual Care
Your primary care provider is your best choice when you have an everyday illness or injury. But if you need prompt treatment when your provider is unavailable, consider UNC Health’s urgent care or virtual care.