Get better rest with help from the sleep medicine specialists at UNC Health.
Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?
Talk to a doctor if you or your child experience:
- Breathing that starts and stops (sleep apnea) or other breathing issues during sleep
- Daytime sleepiness that makes it hard to do your daily activities or concentrate
- Insomnia, trouble falling or staying asleep
- Nightmares or night terrors
- Restless leg syndrome, nighttime urges to move the legs due to discomfort or pain
- Severe, loud snoring
- Sudden sleep attacks
Your doctor may recommend keeping a sleep journal to track your symptoms.
Services & Treatments
Depending on your diagnosis, your doctor may recommend:
If needed, your physician may refer you to another specialist, such as a neurologist, a nervous system specialist.