Get high-quality care for minor illnesses from a UNC Health provider without leaving your home during a virtual visit, available 24/7.
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care allows you to access our doctors’ expertise online using video chat or by telephone. Feel peace of mind knowing you can start a virtual visit when you or your child needs care in the middle of the night, on weekends, or even on a holiday.
When to Use Virtual Care
Consult with us when you experience non-emergency conditions, including:
- Cold or flu symptoms, such as cough, sore throat, congestion, fever, or aches
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Ear infection
- Eye irritation or itchiness, including pink eye
- Insect and spider bites or stings
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Skin conditions, such as acne or rash
- Sneezing, runny nose, sinus pain, and other seasonal allergy symptoms
- Symptoms of an eye infection like pink eye or other eye problem, such as redness, swelling, or discharge
- Urinary symptoms or infections
- Vomiting and nausea
Care & Treatment
During your virtual care appointment, a telemedicine doctor will review your medical history and symptoms to help make a diagnosis. If you need medication to treat your condition, your virtual doctor will send a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
Cost of Virtual Urgent Care
Depending on your insurance, the cost of your visit is $49 or less.
All Patients Welcome
Virtual visits with UNC Health are available to anyone, no matter where you’re located, or whether you’re a current UNC health patient or not. New patients are welcome to use this convenient service.
Get answers to more frequently asked questions about UNC Urgent Care 24/7.