You can now save time and reduce physical contact by completing certain registration tasks related to your visit up to 5 days before your scheduled appointment. This allows you to have a contact-free registration. You can access Get Started from your My UNC Chart Patient Portal on your PC or through the MyChart Mobile App.
Before your appointment you can:
- Update your personal information
- Verify and add insurance information
- Review and update your current medication list
- Select a pharmacy that is convenient for you
- Add or request to remove any allergies listed
- Complete any assigned questionnaires
- Sign your consent and privacy documents digitally
- Pre-pay any charges for your visit
How It Works
- Sign in to your My UNC Chart account.
- Go to appointment to see the details of your upcoming visit.
- Click green Get Started button.
- Follow the directions on the screen to review, update, or verify information; to fill out any necessary questionnaires, to digitally sign any required documents, or to make a payment.
Note: This information will be reviewed during your appointment, but you should not have to fill out the forms again.
One feature of the MyChart mobile app is receiving notifications on your phone, which allows you to wait in your car before your appointment. You can also complete any Get Started tasks required by registration.
- Once you arrive at your location, you will receive a notification asking you to confirm you have arrived in the parking lot.
- If you have not completed your Get Started tasks relating to your visit you can complete them in your MyChart app while you wait.
- The clinic will text you when it is time for you to go into the clinic for your appointment.
- You can enter the clinic and take a seat to wait for your name to be called.
You must download the free MyChart App from the App store or Google Play before your appointment to receive the notifications from the clinic.
Download the MyChart App
The MyChart app for both Android and iOS allows users to access My UNC Chart from a phone or tablet.
- The MyChart app uses your phone’s location to notify the front desk staff when you have arrived for an appointment. You will need to allow MyChart to access your location either by clicking “allow” through the pop-up display or by going to your app settings and selecting “Always” for the location access option.
- You will also need to turn on the Appointments Arrival toggle and Notifications in the MyChart mobile app settings. You only have to turn these settings on once, during the initial set up.
- Please note that Appointment Arrival may not be available for all appointments.