My UNC Chart Video Visits
My UNC Chart video visits let you access the care you need without going to a UNC Health location.
If you’re not sure if you need an in-person visit instead of a video visit, we can help you decide. Call your provider’s office to discuss your health needs and schedule a visit. If you have a cough or shortness of breath or think you have been exposed to coronavirus, call your provider’s office before visiting. If you are having trouble breathing, seek immediate attention or call 911.
Note: Your location at the time of the virtual visit may impact the ability of your provider to complete the visit.
Before you schedule your virtual visit:
New UNC Health Patients:
- Currently we are not scheduling new virtual appointments for any patient located outside of NC due to state licensure requirements.
- Call the provider’s office to schedule an in-person appointment.
- You may receive virtual care if you are located in North Carolina. You may be able to receive care in a few select states depending upon state licensure requirements. Please check with your provider if you are going to be located outside of North Carolina before scheduling.
- Schedule through My UNC Chart or by calling your provider’s office directly. Please note for participating clinics, you cannot self-schedule if you select you will be out-of-state.
Scheduling a Video Visit
You can schedule a video visit with your healthcare provider by calling their office during regular office hours. You can also schedule a video visit appointment with your provider by using your My UNC Chart account. Read our step-by-step instructions.
- Select Visits, then Schedule an Appointment.
- Select Video Visit.
- Fill out your preferred date and time and be sure to describe the most important thing you want addressed during your visit. Click the Send Request button. A staff member will contact you to complete the scheduling process.
Preparing for a Video Visit
For a video visit, you will need a My UNC Chart account and a computer, smartphone, or tablet with internet access. Learn more about how to set up your technical equipment and how to start and navigate your scheduled video visit via My UNC Chart.
How much will a video visit cost me?
Video visits will be billed to your insurance. Many insurance companies are temporarily covering certain types of video visits during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Some insurance companies are waiving copay, coinsurance, and deductible amounts. Please contact your insurance plan for policy details.