The UNC Personal Health Advocate Program is a new benefit that provides support and management of health care needs for eligible participants.
Members will receive access to their own personal health advocate team of trained nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, social workers, and care coordinators to assist them with their care needs and help them understand and manage their medications.
Participants are enrolled in the Personal Health Advocate Program based on their individual care needs. If you or your dependents qualify, a Personal Health Advocate will contact you directly via telephone or letter.
- Assistance with your care needs and help understanding and managing medications
- Coordination and communication with your physicians and other health care providers
- Help getting timely access to UNC Health Care physicians
- Support after an emergency room visit or discharge from a hospital
- Access to your Personal Health Advocate via telephone