Practice Quality & Innovation
Established in 2011, Practice Quality & Innovation (PQI) performs a variety of services within the UNC Health Care System. These services include, but are not limited to, working with inpatient and ambulatory physicians, advanced practice providers, nursing staff, and other staff. PQI’s primary goals are to improve patient experiences and outcomes, operational processes, and business performance.
Transform care delivery to maximize health
PQI drives the delivery of timely, superior care and the continuous improvement of health care processes by:
- Valuing the patient experience
- Leading cross-functional integrated teams
- Utilizing collaborative approaches, data resources, and quality methodologies
- Developing and leveraging expertise
- Discovering, creating, and scaling best practices and engagement strategies
- Partnering with providers and patients, to facilitate better informed, effective and efficient utilization of health care resources
Make the Right Thing Easy
Provide tools and support to clinicians and staff to ensure our patients receive the right care at the right time, every time.
Do What You Say You'll Do
Be reliable. Follow through on commitments. Finish what you start.
Work With People, Not For People
Build collaborative relationships to achieve common goals and shared success.
Anticipate potential needs, problems or reasons to adapt. Innovate by thoughtfully experimenting and re-imagining traditional solutions.
Act With Integrity
Communicate with honesty and transparency. Be conscientious and thoughtful in your actions. Always do your best.
Bring a Solution
Don't find fault, find a remedy.