2015 Nursing Staff Recognition Week
Monday, May 4 - Saturday, May 9, 2015
For an NSRW Thank You message from Dr. Mary Tonges to all nursing staff, please click here!
Calendar of Events
· Blessing of the Hands for weekday staff. Ask your manager for times and locations.
· Nursing staff can enter daily at NSRW events to be eligible to attend a group Executive Luncheon with Sr. Vice President & CNO, Dr. Mary Tonges. The names of ten winners will be drawn on Friday, May 8. The luncheon will be held on June 3, 12-1:30 pm.
¨ Monday, May 4 - Kickoff Celebration
· 7:30 - 9:30 am Senior and Generational Excellence/S.A.G.E. Breakfast for all nursing personnel age 45 and older. Starbucks Conference Room
· 2:00 - 3:00 pm Nursing Staff Recognition Week Kickoff. Panel discussion with Tracy Parham, CIO, RN, Janice Galloway, RN, Saul Opukah, NA and Victoria Holloway, RN. Topic: My Profession, My Passion: Overcoming Career Obstacles, 4th Floor Clinic Auditorium
¨ Tuesday, May 5 - Assistive Personnel Appreciation Day
· 9:00 - 10:00 am Panel Discussion, Topic: My Profession, My Passion, Starbucks Conference Room
· 2:00 - 3:00 pm Speaker Vickie Brickey, MBA: Assistive Personnel—An Essential Member of Every Health Care Team. N.C. Cancer Hospital Sanofi-Aventis / Conference Room 1
¨ Wednesday, May 6 - Wellness Day
· 8:00 - 2:00 pm Black Hat chef, Overlook Café samples, Exercise & Weight Loss Experts, 10-minute chair massages available by appointment via sign-up day of event at lobby registration table, and more! Women’s and Children’s Hospital Lobbies
¨ Thursday, May 7 - Professional Development Day
· 8:00 - 1:00 pm Exhibits on career advancement, Shared Governance at UNC Health Care, professional education opportunities and more! Women’s and Children’s Lobbies
¨ Friday, May 8 - Nursing Staff Awards Ceremony and Reception
· 1:00 - 2:00 pm Awards Ceremony, N.C. Cancer Hospital / Neurosciences Hospital Breezeway
· 2:00 - 3:00 pm Awards Ceremony Reception, N.C. Cancer Hospital Courtyard
¨ Saturday, May 9: Weekend Nursing & Assistive Personnel Celebration
· 7:00—7:30 pm Blessing of the Hands, John M. Reeves All Faiths Chapel, Main Hospital, 1st Floor
Come and enjoy the festivities being offered in honor of YOU!
Barbara-Ann Bybel, DHA, MSN, NEA-BC, PMHNP-BC
2015 NSRW Chair
For questions about the contents of this page, please email the Nursing Retention Committee.