How to Find Us
UNC Hospitals is located in the heart of Chapel Hill, on the south end of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus on Manning Drive. Here you will find UNC Hospitals - which includes N.C. Memorial Hospital, N.C. Children's Hospital, N.C. Women's Hospital, N.C. Neurosciences Hospital and the N.C. Cancer Hospital - as well as the Ambulatory Care Center and the UNC School of Medicine. The UNC Family Medicine Center is located nearby, at the corner of Manning Drive and U.S. 15-501.
UNC Health Care System locations
View UNC Health Care System in a larger map
- Medical Campus Map
- Medical Campus Map and Ambulatory Care Center
- Medical Campus Map and Family
(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the above maps.)
Internal Map of UNC Hospitals
This map will show you where to go once you arrive at UNC Hospitals.
For written directions, parking and shuttle information, choose from the following:
- Directions to the UNC medical campus from the North
- Directions to the UNC medical campus from the South
- Directions to the UNC medical campus from the East
- Directions to the UNC medical campus from the West
- Directions to the UNC medical campus from the Durham area
Parking & Transportation information
- UNC Health Care Community Practice Locations
- UNC Heart & Vascular Centers and Clinics
- UNC Healthway
- UNC Hospitals GI Surgery and Burn Specialty Clinic
The James T. Hedrick Building, which houses Employment and other administrative functions, is located approximately three miles east of campus, just off Highway 54 (Raleigh Road) at 211 Friday Center Drive.
- From the 15-501 bypass, take Highway 54 East. Go 1 miles and turn right on Friday Center Drive.
- From I-40 W, take exit 273 A, Highway 54 West. Go 1.8 miles and turn left on Friday Center Drive.
- From I-40 E take exit 273, Highway 54. Go 1.6 miles and turn left on Friday Center Drive.
The Hedrick Building is located at the end of the road. Visitor parking is available, and a Chapel Hill Transit bus stop is nearby.