Additional Optional Services for Females
In additional to the optional services described under the standard program, we off these additional services for our female patients:
- Screening Colonoscopy – Recommended every 5-10 years for persons over the age of 50 or in younger patients at high risk. An additional day is necessary. Virtual colonoscopy (by CT scan) is available but rarely covered by insurance.
- A complete skin exam with one of our dermatology faculty
- A complete eye exam with one of our ophthalmology faculty
- Complete cardiovascular ultrasound screening for carotid artery disease, abdominal aneurysm and peripheral artery disease.
- Cardiac stress testing with stress echocardiogram or nuclear scanning
- Coronary CT calcium scoring – this is an abbreviated CT scan of the chest that can detect calcifications on the arteries of the heart that may indicate coronary artery disease. Insurance does not cover this service, therefore $300 will be due the day of the visit.
- CT coronary arteriogram (may be indicated if a patient has a positive stress test. This is a non-invasive test looking for blockages in the coronary arteries.
- Evaluation of menopausal status
- International travel services including vaccinations and recommended prescriptions