Webinar, App and Video-based Mental Health and Self-care Resources
Department of Psychiatry Well-Being Webinars
Coping with COVID-19 During the Holidays: 34:42
(Crystal Schiller, PhD and Nadia Charguia, MD)
Wellness for Frontline Healthcare Providers: Preparing for a Marathon, Not a Sprint: 23:53
- Covers specific tools to manage anxiety and stress during uncertain times.
- Topics include mindfulness and self-care (Crystal Schiller, PhD)
Mental Health and Well-Being Survival Guide for COVID-19: 35 minutes
- Discuss the psychological impact of COVID-19, ways to protect and mitigate negative effects, how to maximize constructive and minimize destructive coping (Samantha Meltzer-Brody, MD, MPH)
- Review the ethical issues that we all face in this pandemic (Gary Gala, MD)
- Provide specific tools that help improve well-being (Crystal Schiller, PhD)
Mindfulness via WebEx: Mindfulness Self-Compassion: 20 minute sessions
Mindful UNC: 15 – 20 minutes
- Mondays at 8 a.m.
- A virtual Zoom gathering held for a community contemplative practice.
- Join here.
Webinars through the Employee Assistance Program
Coping with Uncertainty about the Coronavirus: 46 minutes
- Discusses uncertainty as it relates to your ability to cope with the Coronavirus
- Reviews individual stress reactions and their impact on coping
- Explores coping strategies for anyone experiencing any uncertainty
- Note: The video will start after you complete the registration information.
Fitness Videos on YouTube
UNC Wellness Centers fitness videos via YouTube
Yoga for the "Front Line"
- This yoga practice is designed specifically for the stress relief on the job.
- The movements can be done during lunch or on breaks either seated in a chair or standing, allowing them to be utilized in the hospital, sans mat!
App and Web based Mental Health Resources
The following apps are useful for promoting mindfulness and treating anxiety and depression. Some of these apps are used by the Well-Being Program while others have been reviewed positively by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
Depression Treatment Apps:
Anxiety Treatment Apps: