In October 2019, ISD began reaching out to providers across UNC Health Care to offer one-on-one personalized Epic@UNC consult sessions, as part of the ongoing effort to prevent and mitigate workplace stress. These sessions focus on ensuring that providers are most efficiently using the tools in Epic@UNC in daily practice. Sessions will be scheduled to meet the provider’s needs and schedule.
Epic@UNC 2018 Upgrades
Dragon DMO Epic@UNC Integration
- Provide a more powerful, cloud-based voice recognition engine seamlessly integrated within Epic@UNC to improve usability, efficiency and reduces the time spent logging into another system for medical dictation
- A new cloud-based version called Dragon Medical One (DMO) is the system-wide software replacement of Dragon Medical Network Edition (DMNE)
- Key DMO benefits include: cloud-based voice engine accuracy, efficiency and accessibility
Tip Sheet 1
Tip Sheet 2
- Provide a powerful secure texting tool seamlessly within Epic@UNC to allow users to communicate with each other in the same EMR system they are using for patient care (to reduce the time spent logging into another system)
- Epic@UNC Secure Chat allows users to exchange secure text messages for quick communication and collaboration seamlessly within Epic@UNC and the Haiku/Canto/Rover mobile apps among colleagues across UNC Health Care
- Secure texting in Epic@UNC can include links to patients’ charts to enable clinicians to easily access chart review and respond securely with text or images Tip Sheet Video Training
- Provide a powerful data exploration tool seamlessly within Epic@UNC allows providers to examine data in the same EMR system they are using for patient care (to reduce the time spent logging into another system)
- Epic@UNC SlicerDicer is a robust data exploration and data visualization tool integrated seamlessly within Epic@UNC
- Seamlessly within Epic@UNC, users can investigate, customize and refine their data exploration on-the-fly Providers can take action on the data, examine trends, drill down to line-level details, and jump to related patient records to follow-up
In LMS, search for HCSISDSLDICER. Consists of a document and an online tutorial.
ISD Service Desk Support for Epic@UNC Users
- Resolve Epic@UNC issues on the first call to the Service Desk to reduce the time our providers spend on technical issues
- 24/7 Service Desk support for Epic@UNC users helps to ensure users get real-time assistance with issues that impact their ability to take care of our patients
- Contact: 984-974-4357 or https://unchc.service-now.com
Most Viewed Epic@UNC Tip Sheets, Videos and Personalization
Showcase of key training content from Epic@UNC Tip Sheets, "It's Possible" videos and LMS classes to reduce the time providers spend searching for training content and highlight resources to boost efficiency.
Video Training - Order
Video Training - In Basket Personalization
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Epic@UNC Integration
- Provides direct integration to NC CSRS seamlessly within Epic@UNC allows users to examine data in the same EMR system they are using for patient care to reduce the time spent logging into another system
- Epic@UNC integration with North Carolina's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) supports minimal interruption to clinician workflows and saves time/clicks
Tip Sheet Ambulatory
Tip Sheet Inpatient
Epic@UNC Personalized coaching consults
Provides personalized Epic@UNC coaching and training to improve provider efficiency and EMR satisfaction
Select "Request a Provider Coaching Session" from the "References" menu in Epic@UNC or click here
and Orders from Haiku Provide Epic@UNC functionality to boost efficiency and EMR personalization. Physicians can now place most common orders from Haiku on their iOS device in the ED and hospital, this feature can save time and clicks.
Personalized Order Panels (IP and OP)
Provide Epic@UNC functionality to boost efficiency and EMR personalization. Physicians can now create their own order panel on the fly right within the ordering workflow, this feature can save time and clicks
Allows Clinicians to Close Care Gaps from a SmartSet
Provide Epic@UNC functionality to boost efficiency and EMR personalization. Clinicians can more easily place orders to satisfy multiple care gaps in primary care or care management, this feature can save time and clicks for PCPs and care managers.
Create your own copy of Provide Epic@UNC functionality to boost efficiency and EMR personalization
Physicians can now copy and modify order sets from their colleagues, this feature can save time and clicks
Provide Epic@UNC functionality to boost efficiency and EMR personalization by helping clinicians get a head start on charting before the patient arrives in the clinic. This feature can help save time.