Webinars and Video-based Mental Health and Self-care Resources
Department of Psychiatry Well-Being Webinars
Wellness for Frontline Healthcare Providers: Preparing for a Marathon, Not a Sprint - 23:53 ● Covers specific tools to manage anxiety and stress during uncertain times.
● Topics include mindfulness and self-care (Crystal Schiller, PhD)
Mental Health and Well-Being Survival Guide for COVID-19 - 35:34 minutes
● Discuss the psychological impact of COVID-19, ways to protect and mitigate negative effects, how to maximize constructive and minimize destructive coping (Samantha Meltzer-Brody, MD, MPH)
● Review the ethical issues that we all face in this pandemic (Gary Gala, MD)
● Provide specific tools that help improve well-being (Crystal Schiller, PhD)
Mindfulness via Webex Mindfulness Self-Compassion - 30 minute sessions
● 8:30 am Tuesday-Friday
● 12:15 pm Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
● 4:00 pm Monday-Friday For more information please contact Jennifer Tauber.
Mindful UNC is gathering virtually every Monday at 8am for a 15-20 minute community contemplative practice.
Webinars through the Employee Assistance Program
Coping with Uncertainty About The Coronavirus – 46 minutes
● Discusses uncertainty as it relates to your ability to cope with the Coronavirus
● Reviews individual stress reactions and their impact on coping
● Explores coping strategies for anyone experiencing any uncertainty The video will start after you complete the registration information.
Fitness Videos on YouTube
UNC Wellness Centers fitness videos via YouTube
Yoga for the "Front Line"
This yoga practice is designed specifically for the stress relief on the job. The movements can be done during lunch or on breaks either seated in a chair or standing, allowing them to be utilized in the hospital, sans mat!
App and Web based Mental Health Resources
These apps are useful for promoting mindfulness and treating anxiety and depression. Some are apps used in our program and others have been reviewed positively by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Additional resources can be found here .
Mindfulness/Meditation Apps: ● Headspace Headspace is now offering free premium access (through 2020) for healthcare providers; sign up with your NPI (National Provider Identification #) ● Calm ● Buddhify (completely free) ● InsightTimer (completely free with thousands of guided meditations)
Depression Treatment Apps: ● Mood Tools
Anxiety Treatment Apps: ● Anxiety Coach (Mayo Clinic) ● Breathe2Relax ● Panic Relief ● A list of good apps reviewed by the Anxiety Disorders Association of America
Sleep/Anxiety: ● CBT-i Coach ● For non-healthcare providers, Stop, Breathe & Think now offers a category with extra free meditations to help combat Coronavirus anxiety. Learn more here for guided meditation and suggestions for distractions
● Tara Brach’s website for guided meditations offers a variety of meditations of varying length
● Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)
● Monterey Bay Aquarium: web cam experiences
● Google Arts, Travel and Culture: Arts and culture
● Tour of Italy’s museums
● African American Art, Harlem Renaissance and beyond
● Inspiration Berkley School of Music Virtual Orchestra Performance of “What the World Needs Now is Love